The main goal of OIC International Business Centre is to provide a trusted platform for the 57 member countries to the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to start and sustain long-term socio-economic partnerships based on active and effective utilisation of abundant resources possessed by each country. Specifically, OICIBC aims at:
- Promoting investment opportunities and partnership between different OIC member countries though the publication of OIC TODAY magazine and other specialised directories.
- Establishing links between businesses from various sectors across the Muslim world for the initiation and progression of long-term cooperation in trade, economic and social activities.
- Introducing successful business models based on the basic elements of the Islamic economy and its major components, banking and finance.
- Bridging the gap between the OIC member countries and the rest of the world, represented in the distorted image of Islam as portrayed by the Western main stream media.
- Opening direct communication channels between government officials, business leaders and academic researchers to discuss closely and come up with strategies, whose implementation will improvise the overall system within their respective nations.
- Playing a significant role in the efforts of poverty elimination and food security in the underdeveloped OIC countries, providing their underprivileged the means to lead a decent life.